The patrimonial protection statute recognizes the value of a building or a patrimonial sector and they come with particular obligations for the owners. Therefore, before undertaking construction, renovation or excavation work, the owner of these buildings will have to ask for a license from their district or city, who will inform them if the building has a legal or statutory protection status.
This can be a temporary status to allow the Ministry of Culture and Communications to proceed to the study leading to attributing a status of protection. A building or site under notice of intent of classification benefits from the same protection as a classed building or site. It is necessary to obtain an authorization with the Ministry of Culture and Communications of Quebec for any outer or internal work on the building.
Certain works on patrimonial buildings are subjected to the integrated standards of municipal regulations. The affected subjects and limitations vary according to the districts or cities.
Over the years, E. Paquin has been a proud partner with regards to the realization of a multitude of plans relating to patrimonial projects such as churches, city halls, museums, hundred-year-old houses to name only a few. Our expertise in offering this kind of service allowed us to become an indubitable resource in the realization of these projects.
We recently participated, in a consortium with entrepreneurs working in the field of conception and design, to realize projects outside of Canada.
The recognition of our expertise exceeds our borders and extends to Central America as well as the Caribbean via the United States.
We are a manufacturer of solid wood doors and windows, but we are also and above all woodworkers and craftsmen and, as such and by definition, we are master woodworkers insuring quality at all stages of manufacturing: choice of model and wood, cutting, sawing, shaping, assembly, from the decor and assembly comes our slogan «to give to the tree the shape of your desires».
Whether it is for:
- study of your plans, specifications or drawings of elements to be manufactured or preparing the specifications;
- estimation, if necessary, of the quantity, type and cost of the materials needed;
- operating of woodworking machines such as the mechanical saws, planers, mortisers, shapers or manual tools to cut, shape and form parts or material;
- jointer, assemble parts, or partial assemblies to make a quality product;
- sanding of wooden surfaces and applying a dye or polish to the finished product;
- repairing or remodeling of doors, windows or other wooden elements and related articles.
We will always be there to ensure that your projects, conceptions and desires are realized.